[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Yet Another Weblog Ne

From: gnu . org
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Yet Another Weblog News System
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 20:41:46 -0500

Denny De La Haye <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: other
Other License: GNU GPL version 2 (not \"or later\")

Reason: I wish to assess changes to my project\'s license myself, not allow
them to take place without my approval.  While I have the utmost trust and
respect for the GNU project, I feel it would be foolish of me to allow it the
right to alter the license under which my project is made available.
Package: Yet Another Weblog News System
System name: yawns

My project is called YAWNS (Yet Another Weblog News System).  It is a Slash
clone coded to fully meet W3C standards such as XHTML 1.0 Strict and CSS2.  It
is written in Perl using the HTML::Template library, and I plan to use the
XML::RSS library at some future point for parsing RDF feeds from other sites.
These two modules are the only dependencies that I am aware of.

It already exists and you can see a demo site using the code at
http://www.btsuck.org/.  The code is available through the project\'s listing
on freshmeat.net (search for \'yawns\').