[Savannah-hackers] java-gnome

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] java-gnome
Date: 22 Jan 2002 13:33:01 +0000

Some time ago Jeffery Morgan submitted his Java-Gnome project to the
GNU project for inclusion. I believe I remember seeing his project as
a submission on savannah (don't know how to check for that, sorry).

He says that no one ever got back to him about it... He asked me to
chase the maintainers after a few weeks but I'm affraid that I never
got round to it (very busy with a new baby and new job).

The Java-Gnome project is a set of Gnome/GTK bindings for the Java
language and IMHO is vital to the GNU project if Gnome is going to be
truly succesfull.

In addition to it being useful just to Java people it might be a
foundation for implementing certain Sun APIs that are non-free right
now. That will only happen if the Java-Gnome stuff is seen to be
supported by the GNU project.

Is there a reason why he recieved no answer to his request? or did it
just get lost?

If the latter can we do something to get him included?

His project is currently at sourceforge, here's the URL:

   http://java-gnome.sourceforge.net/

If there's anything I can do to speed this along please let me know.

Nic Ferrier