Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: gnustep: GIF files

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: gnustep: GIF files
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 07:59:06 +0000

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 10:51:01PM +0100, Manuel Guesdon wrote:
> It will be OK for most of images but 3 of them are animated gif and PNG
> doesn't handle it, AFAIK. Do you have a
> proposition to handle them ?

Hi,
for animated images you can use MNG (Multiple-image Network Graphics,
http://www.libpng.org/pub/mng/). Most browsers that support PNG will also
support MNG. You can convert an animated GIF to MNG using imagemagick
(I haven't tried it, but that's what they say in
http://www.libpng.org/pub/mng/mngapps.html)

Regards,
Jaime