[Savannah-hackers] Re: Request: CVS repository reset

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Request: CVS repository reset
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 16:04:54 +0000

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 03:49:47PM +0100, Alceste Scalas wrote:
>     >     > The inconsistencies are not in the repository, but in
>     >     > the snapshot that you have. You should make a fresh new
>     >     > copy in a new directory.
>     >
>     > I did it several times  before sending the last e-mail: even a
>     > fresh checkout  doesn't retrieve any  file.  Nevertheless, the
>     > CVS web  interface still shows  _all_ the files, even  if they
>     > should be in the Attic (since they are marked as "removed").
>
> I have just tried to re-add all the files marked as "dead", and then
> I  have made  a  commit.  Now,  the  files visible  in  the CVS  web
> interface are consistent with the ones retrieved by a fresh checkout
> --- so, the  problem seems  to have been  circumvented (at  least, I
> hope so :-)

You were absolutely right, the files were not correctly moved to their new
location in the CVS repository, because the ones I moved from "Attic" had a
"state: dead" flag that I should have changed to "state: Exp". You did manage
to make them all go back to "state: Exp". The only side effect I see is that
you had to create a new version of each file, just to change their state. If
you do not want to keep that information in the file's history, let me know
and I will clean up the repository as you initially asked me to. Otherwise,
you can leave it as it is.

Cheers,
Jaime