[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of ktranscode

From: wim
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of ktranscode
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 11:32:44 -0500

Wim Rosseel <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: ktranscode
System name: ktranscode

ktranscode is a <a href=\"www.kde.org\">KDE</a> interface to the video
processing tool <a
href=\"http://www.theorie.physik.uni-goettingen.de/~ostreich/transcode/\";>transcode</a>,
 but not limited to that encoding/recoding tool.

Capturing video in Linux is not impossible and with the correct configuration
of the kernel, is even very efficient (<a
href=\"http://www.thedirks.org/v4l2/\";>v4l2</a>,<a
href=\"http://bytesex.org/bttv/\";>bttv<a>). While there is  a lot of work to be
done in that area (quite a number of patches are needed), our focus is in the
transformation of the captured data.

 It is our intent to write a decent <a href=\"www.kde.org\">KDE</a> interface
(why <a href=\"www.kde.org\">KDE</a> and not <a
href=\"www.gnome.org\">Gnome</a>? hey, <a
href=\"http://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-list/2002-February/msg00015.html\";>RMS
 indicated that they should move towards each other</a>) for encoding/recoding
video data. In an ideal version, it will be equiped with wizards that let every
run of the mill user that got his bt8x8 tv card installed and his system
configured, create (VCD-)MPEG and DIVX video clips (to name the most known
codecs).
As any decent *n*x tool, <a
href=\"http://www.theorie.physik.uni-goettingen.de/~ostreich/transcode/\";>transcode</a>is
 equiped with quite a number of  options that govern it\'s behaviour. Our tool
will not compile the engine of transcode in the application/library, but will
be dependent on it, leaving the road free for the improvements <a
href=\"http://www.theorie.physik.uni-goettingen.de/~ostreich/transcode/\";>transcode</a>is
 undergoing...

 Programming Language: C++
 Dependencies: libQt3.0, transcode
 Project Status: planning/pre-alpha
 License: GPL
 Project History: The project has already started and can be found in its
current at <a
href=\"http://sourceforge.net/projects/ktranscode/\";>sourceforge</a>.