[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of OCaml Text Mode Kit

From: nicolas . george
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of OCaml Text Mode Kit
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:39:15 -0500

Nicolas George <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: lgpl
Other License:
Package: OCaml Text Mode Kit
System name: ocaml-tmk

This project is a text mode widget system for the Objective Caml
(http://caml.inria.fr/) programming language. It includes a low-level binding
for the ncurses library, and an object hierarchy vaguely similar to the one of
Gtk.

First, the low level binding will provide full access to most of the functions
of the ncurses library, or of others libraries that have the same interface,
withoud adding any abstraction layer.

On top of these function will be built a class hierarchy providing an usable
set of widgets. I will not extend on the sort of widgets that need to be
implemented: they are always the same, buttons, checkboxes, text entries,
lists, labels, dialog boxes. Some requirements for this system are:
- automatic scrolling on small terminals
- thread safe and multi-terminal interface
- themable look and feel (colors, characters)

I have a more or less working start version on my hard drive.