Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Linux MSN Project

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Linux MSN Project
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 21:14:09 +0000

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 12:09:35PM -0500, address@hidden wrote:

> Trent Lloyd <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Linux MSN Project
> System name: limp
>
> Hello,
>
> My project is known as the \'LIMP\' project which stands (currently) for
> [LI]nux [M]SN [P]roject which is an opensource c++ client for the MSN
> networks MSN chat network.
>
> The project is console based and we are currently not sure but we plan on
> implementing a local tcp server type layer so you type msn_chat username to
> initiate a chat while a seperate program waits for other messages.
>
> Currently this project is just started, we had some ideas comments @
> www.plug.linux.org.au/~tlloyd/msn.php which was just our initial discussion

Hi,
I'm sorry I cannot find any ideas in that URL, so I continue without knowing
what the MSN network is or what exactly it is that you are doing (the comments
talk about a nice script, which I've failed to find).
Could you register your project again with a more detailed description (for
someone who has no idea what the MSN network is). And if you already have some
script, we'd like to take a look at it (even if it is not functional yet).

Also note that we are very careful with some terminology: Linux is a kernel
and not a complete operating system; GNU/Linux is a more correct name for the
operating system. And we do not identify ourselves with the Open Source
movement but with the Free Software movement
(http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html)

Cheers,
Jaime