[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of ReSquash

From: soren_andersen
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of ReSquash
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 17:18:03 -0500

Soren Andersen <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License: I am contacting the author of the original software of which
this is derivative, in order to ask his agreement that this derivative work be
licensed under the GPL. Please work with me on this as I did not want to have
to re-do the same effort of applying a second time having do this under some
pressure of time constraints today.
Package: ReSquash
System name: resquash

ReSquash is a small console utility to manipulate Windows BMP file-format data.
It is based on previous work by Bill Buckels who describes it thusly:
\"Scale a 256 color bitmap to 1/2 or 2/3 its original size using color
averaging and optionally (if requested) a user defined color clipping
algorithm.\"

The algorithm used preserves the sharpness of text better than many existing
rescaling methods when the user display color depth available is limited (such
as to a palette of 256 or fewer colors). This makes it appealing for use in
creating reduced images from screen captures, for use in application
documentation for WWW sites, for example.

The program is written in ANSI C and is intended to be buildable on any gcc
platform.

It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it.