Re: [Savannah-hackers] GNU pascal - Fortran 77

From: mathieu
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] GNU pascal - Fortran 77
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 17:00:27 +0100

I've already answer to this question in the support forum

http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=100612&group_id=11

Regards,
mathieu

Le lun 18 mar 2002 à 16h35, Dusan Fiala a écrit :

Dear Sir or Madam
My colleagues and I would like to use GNU Pascal for a project that
combines
modules written using two different programming languages, i.e.
Fortran 77
and Pascal (originally written in pc turbo pascal 5 but hopefully
available
in GNU pascal). The software would run on unix platforms.

For this purpose the fortran 77 source code (written for unix) would
have to
be extended for a subroutine that (i) calls the module written in
pascal and
(ii) passes various program parameters, variables, and arrays onto
that
module. After performing various calculations the pascal module would
then
have to return other variables required by the fortran module. This
bi-directional data exchange would have to be performed for every
(time)
step of the dynamic simulation process.

Please, could you let me know, whether or not it is (in principle)
possible
to call subroutines available in GNU pascal from routines written in
Fortran
77 and exchange data between the modules as described above? Answering
these
two questions would help us a lot.

Thanking in anticipation.
Best regards
Dusan Fiala

Dr. Dusan Fiala                                 Phone : (+44) 0116 257
7971
Institute of Energy and Sustainable Development
De Montfort University, Scraptoft Campus        Fax   : (+44) 0116 257
7981
Leicester LE7 9SU - United Kingdom              e-mail:
address@hidden