Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: website on savannah

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: website on savannah
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 10:38:38 +0000

Hi Noufal,

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 01:26:50PM +0530, Noufal Ibrahim wrote:
> Hello Jaime,
>       I know that is going to sound dumb but I'm really having
> a hard time with it.
>       My project (PFractL) is coming along fine. Only thing is
> I still have not been able to put up a web page.
>       I've looked through the docs on the savannah home page
> but couldn't fine anything.
>       It would be really nice if you could tell me how to do
> it. I've registered my key at the site and was able to upload
> my source tarballs.
>       I just don't know how to get my website up.

Sure. Do the following:

   1- export CVS_RSH=ssh

   2- cvs -d address@hidden:/webcvs/ co non-gnu/pfractl/

   3- cd pfractl

   4- create your homepage "index.html" using your favorite editor.

   5- cvs add index.html

   6- cvs ci -m "This is the first version of pfractl homepage" index.html

Your page should now appear in http://www.freesoftware.fsf.org/pfractl/

Part of this information is in http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group_id=1425
but it is perfectly normal that you have doubts on the procedure, which is not
at all obvious for someone not used to maintaining web pages via CVS.

Cheers,
Jaime