Re: [Savannah-hackers] Sorcerer

From: mathieu
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Sorcerer
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 21:34:02 +0100

Le jeu 28 mar 2002 à 21h07, Kyle Sallee a écrit :
Hi I have a bit of a problem.
My savannah project page that I registered
has been annexed by people I should not have
trusted.  Please restore my savannah project
page, that I registered, to me and demote the
current project admins.

according to http://www.sorcerylinux.org/ you're maybe the author of http://sorcerer.wox.org/ that said

« have been hacking sorcery for a month now, and am nearing completion of a final version sorcery. It is a magnitude better than the experiemental rough draft that everyone is using. But unfortunately, I won't be able to distribute it, because it requires CVS. I registered a savannah project page in order to gain the CVS. But it has been stolen by Ryan Abrams who has self promoted himself to project leader and refuses to quit using my name "Sorcerer". He has cut my access to the Savannah project page. This is another example of disrspect, by people with very large ego's and very small minds. It's hard to believe that the final version, debugged and a full magnitude better than the rough drafts I am being prevented from sharing by disrespectful people. Is there no end to the disrespect? »

The last time I've seen this page, It was written that you (?) dont want further release your project freely (under freedom as FSF understand it - if I'm not mistaking, you was saying that you dont want to release your project as a free software).

What are you meaning with « stolen » ?
The last time I've seen http://savannah.gnu.org/project/memberlist.php?group_id=606 you was an admin. According to my savannah understanding, an admin can't be removed from a project by another fellow with ease.

I've tried to understand your story recently.. Here, anyone talks about « people with very large ego's and very small minds ». To me, you seem to change your mind frequently and your explanations are particulary unclear.

This should be rode http://www.sorcerylinux.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=6&mode=thread&order=0
especially http://www.sagelikefool.net/mark/sorcerer.wox.org-index.html

This is really strange, really unclear to me. There are many developpers involved in sorcerer project on savannah, I think we should know theirs feeling.

The project history is strange too, in a 1 min the half of the developpers were removed :
http://savannah.gnu.org/project/admin/history.php?group_id=606

It seems that jsvendsen given rights to drzero and this drzero have make some cleaning...
http://savannah.gnu.org/users/jsvendsen
http://savannah.gnu.org/users/drzero

Strange !

--