[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of PHPBurn

From: tim
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of PHPBurn
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 03:46:20 -0500

Timothy E. Schmidt <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: PHPBurn
System name: phpburn

My project (tentatively refered to (after a short google search) as PHPBurn) is
a web-based front-end to cdrecord, mkisofs and cat (among others) for the
purpose of allowing many users on a LAN to easily utilize a single shared
CD-R[W] drive (most likely attached to a file server).

I\'m rapidly developing PHPBurn using PHP 4 (of course) and javascript.  Parts
of it are available at http://tim.liquidweb.com/PHPBurn -- I expect to have the
first functionally useful version of PHPBurn ready for a LAN party I\'m
visiting on the 5th of April 5th.  Later versions will be more customizable (I
_hate_ static software) and more featureful (of course).  There are other
CGI-based front ends for cdrecord and mkisofs, however, I\'ve found none
written in PHP and none that satisfied the breadth of features I need.