[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of xmops

From: w4z004
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of xmops
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 11:35:33 -0500

Sergio Kohl <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: xmops
System name: xmops
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

About the XMOPS  extended module oriented portal system
Considerable time was spent researching other CMS\'s to determine what the most
popular features of these systems were and how to go about building them. The
XMOPS team will be implementing these features and more through a modular MO
based core. This philosophy will accomplish our goals of making the XMOPS
system flexible for both users and developers.
Many of the developers on the core XMOPS team have been involved in one-way or
another with other Content Management Systems, namely MyPHPNuke (MPN). What the
XOOPS team learned from their MPN experience is that users want an easy to
install, easy to use, feature complete system from the beginning and a clear
open communications channel.

We also feel it\'s extremely and equally important to make it as easy as
possible for module developers to contribute other modules to the system.

It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it.