[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of xbobble

From: ayqazi
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of xbobble
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 17:03:49 -0500

Asfand Yar Qazi <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: xbobble
System name: xbobble

My project is going to be called \'xbobble\', a clone (and later an extension)
of the commercial game \'Puzzle Bobble.\'  Having played it on several
platforms, I\'m quite gutted that I have to buy a new full game to get a few
extra features.

So, I intend to re-create it in a way that will:
- allow easy addition of new features, gaming modes, etc.
- allow people to play it on many platforms (such as the Gameboy Advance/GP32
handhelds, and of course any POSIX/ANSI/XOpen compliant desktop platform with
available free libraries.)
- include a network player mode not limited to the 2 player mode of the
commericial game.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY I will eventually extend the concepts in the game to an
abstract library of constructs that allow system independant application of
pre-defined and user-created design patterns to any piece of software.

Also, I want to promote the use of the savannah to other free software
developers so that they can use it primarily instead of the sourceforge.net,
which will soon become closed source software.

It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it (I bet you\'ve heard that before
:-)