Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Atlazz (approved)

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Atlazz (approved)
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 09:52:37 +0200

Felix Rabe writes:
 > Loic Dachary wrote:
 >  > Hi,
 >  >
 >  > The project was approved. I guess that you'll have an opportunity to
 >  > change the tarbal name in the next release ;-)
 >
 > Could you please explain me the remaining steps until my project (which
 > I actually _don't_ like so much to call Atlazz instead of Gnuzz) becomes
 > part of GNU?

        I understand. I would also love to have a simple way to use "gnu"
without generating confusion in people minds.

 > I visited http://www.gnu.org/evaluation/evaluation.html and saw that you
 > seem to have to fill in a form describing the project in great detail,
 > but I don't know when this comes into play and how long I have to stand
 > that wrong name.

        You don't really have to fill a form. The form you saw will be
filled by GNU evaluators. However, if you do your best to fill it
yourself, it will greatly help their job and accelerate the evaluation
process.

 > This is a very confusing situation for me.  Maybe you should consider
 > that I don't have any (real) experience in the software industry, I'm
 > still a student.

        We do take this in account, don't worry. Free Software is mostly
made by people like you.