[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Simple And Tiny Objec

From: thomas . degris
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Simple And Tiny Object Model
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 16:29:46 -0500

Thomas <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Simple And Tiny Object Model
System name: satom
This package wants to apply for inclusion in the GNU project

Hello,

because I think the Free Software Community should save his developer works;
because I think people should be free to write programs in their favorite
language;
because I think end users should be free to decide what components their
programs shoud use;
because I think most of the part of a system should be written one time and
reusable by everybody;

I am planning to develop a very simple and fast software, called Satom, to be
able to write composant reusable, no matter what langage this composant has
been written in, no matter what langage you are writting to use this component.

The aim of the project for the long term is to define a common platform for
communication between components, libraries or softwares.

It already exists under the name of CORBA (see ORBit implementation), COM (only
for Windows platform) or DCOP (part of the KDE project).