Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: savannah.gnu.org: submission of GCC XML Node

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: savannah.gnu.org: submission of GCC XML Node Introspector
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 11:45:51 +0200

James Michael DuPont writes:
 > One good reason for the putting of introspector
 > the savannah is that I am using postgres in the
 > introspector. It would be great if we could use the
 > introspector and host it on the savannah server.

        That is worth considering. The basic idea of the project is indeed
very appealing.

        As a first step I need you to clarify a few things about the
license. I downloaded the project files from:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/introspector co introspector

        and was not able to clearly spot the GNU GPL related license
information. Unless I'm mistaken, the GNU GPL is not in the files and
I only found a few license notices saying that some files are under the
artistic license (not the clarified artistic license).

        If your intention is to release the software under the GNU
GPL, could you please include it in the distribution
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt) and follow the instructions at
the end of the GNU GPL itself to apply it to the files ?

        When you're done with it, could you re-sumbit your project ?

        Thanks in advance,