Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Systeme LInux de

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Systeme LInux de Gestion Et.Sc
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 19:41:02 +0200

Laurent COOPER writes:

 > Broad indeed, but not as broad as you can thought.
 > This will only be a software project, not a distribution.
 >
 > It consists "only" of some tables, a PHP interface and some scripts. So it
 > could be put on the top of any linux distribution.
 >
 > Later, there could be something to have an auto-install with a dist... but
 > fare more later or if someone is willing to help me for this. But not a
 > priority.

        If you're positive that it's not an aggregation of software and
will never be, that's fine. Could you please submit the project again
explaining this ?

 > In France, the schools are going to get softwares to do that. But they
 > almost
 > all buy expensive badly designed proprietary windows softwares, without any
 > network concept in mind. A good GPL project would be far more appreciable,
 > isn't it? ;-)

        :-)

        I'd be gratefull if you could refer to the operating system as
GNU/Linux. It helps spread the ideals of freedom attached to the GNU
project and often forgotten when only speaking about the kernel ;-)

        Cheers,