[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Cardinal

From: ptkwt
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Cardinal
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:57:33 -0400

Phil Tomson <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Cardinal
System name: cardinal

The purpose of this project is to create a Ruby language frontend for the
Parrot Virtual Machine.

Initially, we will produce a Ruby parser written in Ruby.  There are a few
projects we could build on to produce the parser (see:
http://rockit.sourceforge.net ). Ruby code will be parsed with our parser and
either Parrot bytecode or assembly will be produced from the resulting Abstract
Syntax Tree.  After the Parrot project completes their parser we\'ll migrate
the parser portion from Ruby to Parrot\'s parser.   We will have to implement
Ruby\'s basic types in the context of Parrot (using PMCs or Parrot Magic
Cookies).

 *for more info on Parrot see: http://www.parrotcode.org/
 *for more info on Ruby  see: http://www.ruby-lang.org

A wiki page on the CardinalProject has been started at:
http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?CardinalProject

It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it.