Re: [Savannah-hackers] Link to CVS tarball ?

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Link to CVS tarball ?
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 10:16:49 +0100

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 09:45:03AM +0200, 脴ystein O Johansen wrote:
> The script used the nice little command:
>
> wget
> http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gnubg/gnubg/gnubg.tar.gz?tarball=1
>
> to get the current cvs. This link is now removed, so my natural question is
> then: Where or how can I get the current cvs download by http?

Hi,
I disabled the get-a-tarball feature of viewcvs, because distracted users
would click on it in a high level directory, attempting to download hundreds
of megabytes, which puts a very heavy load on the system.

You can use instead:
  wget http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs.backups/gnubg.tar.gz

which will not get you an instant snapshot, but instead a snapshot of how your
repository was last night.

Cheers,
Jaime