Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Porgrama Administ

From: mathieu
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Porgrama Administrativo para Pequeñas Or address@hidden
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 22:58:06 +0200

in my case at least it was: I wouldn't've said "Ok, I'll tell
so-n-so to fill these in later"; I would've written in something,
anything, even if then it needed rewriting.

hum :]

> >Furtthermore I submitted the project name as its full in spanish,
> >and was pointed out that is should be in english as english was
> >the official language of savannah.
>
> I've written this :
> « Just a comment (this has nothing to do with the registration
process)
> : you should think about an internationalized name, that would make
it
> easier for users to understand.
> You can use spanish (why not ?) but I think it should be a simpler
> name. »

I like your gillemots :)

This is the french ones.

> Should I consider you as a liar :)  ?

I quote (the person who said it knows who he is, but his email is
@gnu.org, so he should know what he's speaking about):

« Para registrar un proyecto aquí, tienes que darle un nombre en
inglés y
escribir una descripción completa en inglés que es el idioma oficial
de
Savannah. »

I.e., « To register a project here, you have to give it a name in
english and write a full description in english that Savannah's
official language. »

In fact, it's right that « savannah official language » is English : we need a popular language to permit everyone to cooperate - and english is the language that the most users knows.
So you're welcome to give all the informations in English.
But about the name, it seems to be a confusion. English name made it easier to understand to more people than swedish or whatever but you can give to your project the name you want. Balsa is balsa, batalla naval is batalla naval and I've never understood what means emacs.

--
Mathieu Roy

* http://savannah.gnu.org/users/yeupou
* http://yeupou.coleumes.org