Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of ISODE (X.500) and

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of ISODE (X.500) and PP (X.400) environments
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 18:55:17 +0200

        Hi,

        The license seems to be compatible with the GNU GPL except for
one thing : "hold harmless" and requirement not to sue the author. The
former is meaningless to me (but I'm not a lawyer) and the later is
illegal in France (in other countries I can't tell).

        I suggest you ask for advice to address@hidden about these
licenses. You must be prepared to be patient though. As you know there
are many important legal issues currently pending (the patent attack
to samba for instance) and they are extremly busy.

        Please submit your project again when you're confident that the
licenses are compatible with the GNU GPL.

        Thanks for your understanding,

P.S. I used ISODE twelve years ago, thanks for keeping it alive ;-)