[Savannah-hackers] lsh-1.4 still having the same problem

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] lsh-1.4 still having the same problem
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 14:03:21 +0200

        Hi,

        The upgrade to lsh-1.4 apparently did not create any new problems.
However, when a connection dies the shell is still hanging. I read your
mail explaining that there is no safe way to notify the process about the
connection that died.

        However, I'd like to understand why bash has file descriptors
0, 1, 2 bound to a unix socket. I was kind of expecting that they would
be bound to a regular socket. Can you enlighten me on this specific point ?

        I guess that openssh uses some tricks to prevent this problem to
happen. I also guess that you investigated how they manage to solve it.
Could you explain shortly why it cannot be implemented in the same way
in lsh ?

        Thanks for your patience and time,