[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of The Melvin3D Engine

From: kgirard
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of The Melvin3D Engine
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 15:41:48 -0400

Kyle Girard <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: lgpl
Other License:
Package: The Melvin3D Engine
System name: melvin3d

We intend to develop a flexible, object oriented, cross-platform 3D Engine
written in C++ which we have named Melvin3D.  The engine will be flexible
enough to allow changes in renderer, input readers, and window creation
toolkits via plugins loaded at runtime.  Posible ideas for renderers are
OpenGL, software, and a cartoon renderer. The final goal of this engine is to
use it to create a Real-Time Srategy game.  The in-game features this requires
are a particle engine, physics engine, collision detection, lighting, window
management and model loading, sound effects, music etc.

It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it.

Other Software Required:
OpenGL (plugin)
SDL (plugin)
X-Windows