[Savannah-hackers] Packaging of GNOME for Cygwin/XF86

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Packaging of GNOME for Cygwin/XF86
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 09:46:37 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,

I am in contact with Steve O'Brein, who has done some interesting work
on porting many gnome apps to win2k.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steven.obrien2/

He is looking for a host, and I wanted to ask if Savannah would be the
right place to host it. Basically we want to put a set of patches, and
the binaries and the cygwin package information for the gnome software
and have that under cvs controll as well.

Otherwise, I will also write to the Gnome people, maybe they can host
them. Many gnome/gtk applications will benefit from the cygwin layer,
and having a cvs of the patches and also a ready built packages will
help the users and other developers.

Thanks,
Mike

=====