[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Epeios JAVA frontend - savannah.gnu

From: Claude SIMON
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of Epeios JAVA frontend - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 21:58:16 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mathieu Roy" <address@hidden>
To: <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2002 12:05 AM

> address@hidden said:
>
> > A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
> > This mail was sent to address@hidden, address@hidden
> >
> > Claude SIMON <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> > License: gpl
> > Other License:
> > Package: Epeios JAVA frontend
> > System name: ejava
> > Type: 2
>
> Hi,
>
> 1) This apply to all epeios* projects registrations:
>
> In order to release your project under the GPL you
> should write copyright notice and copying conditions
> at the beginning of every source code file, and
> include a copy of the plain text version of the GPL
> (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt copy it, for
> instance, into a file named COPYING).

This is already done for the libraries released on sourceforge (the
'COPYING' file is named 'License') ! So, what is the problem ?

> > Epeios protocol (http://epeios.org/ebkd/).  Part of the Epeios
> > project (http://epeios.org/)
>
> 2) This apply to this particular one:
>

> The key question here is to figure out if your project
> can run on a Free Software Java suite
> (see http://www.gnu.org/software/java/ for more
> informations). Could you give us explanations about
> this?

Althought the Epeios JAVA libraries were written under Windows, this was
done using the Sun JDK (and an old one, the 1.1.8), so I think this
libraries should also work with any Free Software JDK on any OS. And JAVA is
supposed to be portable, isn't it ? So, I don't see what the problem is ...

Regards,

Claude SIMON (address@hidden)
Coordinator of the Epeios project (http://epeios.org/)