[Savannah-hackers] Re: Postgres Support Volunteer

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Postgres Support Volunteer
Date: 26 Aug 2002 20:54:57 +0200

Reto Stamm <address@hidden> said:

> Hi,
>
> I am considering to volunteer to keep a PostgreSQL Database running on
> Savannah,
> (continuous commitment, backups, vacuuming, base level of support for users
> etc.)
>
> I am running a multi million record DB on my machine at home, and a slightly
> smaller one at work. I got some experience tuning it, have not had to recover
> from crashes yet, though (look at this whichever way you want).
>
> Big question (more once this is clear):
>
>  * Is the License free enough? (do you want PostgreSQL?)

No problem with the license. PostgreSQL was already free in the old
age while mysql was not completely free.

Anyway, we will support pgsql while switching to a perl version of
savannah using perl module DBI. So pgsql will be transparent.

--
Mathieu Roy

 << GPG Key  << http://gpg.coleumes.org              <<