[Savannah-hackers] submission of p3p-spider - savannah.gnu.org

From: frank . landgraf
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of p3p-spider - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 07:35:49 -0400

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Gulliver <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: p3p-spider
System name: p3p-spider
Type: 2

The project includes a web-spider which scans the web (partially)
for their p3p-policy and stores this infos in a database for later analysis.
Planned is a java-program.

there are 3 Problems to solve:
- build and actualize a database with servernames/adresses
- query the servers for their p3p-policy and store the result
- analyze the result database

The web-scanning and querying can be done with the java networking classes but
it must be done in a multithreaded manner.

For the databases we want to use a simple flat-file approach. So results can be
appended to the files without loading them.

We, a german NGO working in the area of civil liberties and privacy rights,
plan to conduct a focused study of certain web-site aspects.

For more information about our current and prior work, please see our
web-site (most of the material is in german only)
        http://www.foebud.org/

Other Software Required:
http://www.innovation.ch/java/HTTPClient/
ant