[Savannah-hackers] submission of Void Linux - savannah.gnu.org

From: bracaman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Void Linux - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 13:00:24 -0400

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

João Ferreira <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Void Linux
System name: voidlinux
Type: 2

Void Linux is an advanced GNU/Linux operating system, which follows Linux
Standard Base [www.linuxbase.org] standards. It\'s a powerful
distribution, with a traditional base like Slackware which provides stability,
but also a simple distribution for those who are
entering the world of Linux. Basically, the purpose of the project is to create
a GNU/Linux operating system which helps to desmistify
that Linux is hard to use, providing easy installation, upgrading and lots of
tools for system administration. Several languages will be
used, including C/C++ and Perl. New methods for package system, system
installation and new tools are beeing projected. Including the latest
popular software, we believe this can be a very good distribution to use.

It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it. We are planning and trying to
bring new features that can\'t be found in similar distributions.

Other Software Required:
It\'s a free GNU/Linux operative system, so, in order to work, all it needs is
free :-)

Other Comments:
The distribution is beeing planned by 5 portuguese students that\'d like to
contribute building a good GNU/Linux Distribution. We hope we have more members
in the future; it\'s a sign that things worked well :)

We don\'t have any commercial or monetary support, yet. And we don\'t know if
we will have it in the future.