[Savannah-hackers] CVS update on commit for webcvs is broken

From: Bradley M. Kuhn
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] CVS update on commit for webcvs is broken
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 18:28:58 -0400

The sf_sync_www program is not functioning when it is called from
loginfo.  The error in the log, which began sometime between these two
dates:

Mon Aug 26 23:59:16 EDT 2002
Tue Aug 27 05:17:06 EDT 2002

Says:

Host key verification failed.

I made a modification to /subversions/sourceforge/bin/sf_sync_www.c to
add a -v option to the ssh run it does.  (This change may get
overwritten, it seems that /subversions/sourceforge/bin is updated at
02:22 each day automatically).  When I add the -v, I see this in
/var/log/sf_sync_www:

debug1: Rhosts Authentication disabled, originating port will not be trusted.
debug1: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
debug1: Connecting to gnudist.gnu.org [199.232.41.7] port 22.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: identity file /home/grumbel/.ssh/identity type -1
debug1: Remote protocol version 1.99, remote software version OpenSSH_3.4p1
Debian 1:3.4p1-1
debug1: match: OpenSSH_3.4p1 Debian 1:3.4p1-1 pat OpenSSH*
debug1: Local version string SSH-1.5-OpenSSH_3.4p1 Debian 1:3.4p1-0.0woody1
debug1: Waiting for server public key.
debug1: Received server public key (768 bits) and host key (1024 bits).
Host key verification failed.
debug1: Calling cleanup 0x8063a9c(0x0)

Which indicates that the ssh is running as the given user id, not as
'webcvs', as I believe it is.

savannah-hackers: Could you please fix this problem in the next 24 hours?
We spent two hours on it here at FSF, and cannot find out what is wrong.
If we haven't heard from you in 24 hours, we'll sink more FSF staff time
into it, but we thought you might know off-hand what change early in the
morning on Tuesday 27 August 2002.

webmasters: I suggest to webmasters that you do CVS updates on gnudist by
hand while savannah-hackers work this out.   I just ran on (Wed 28 August
2002 18:20 EDT) by hand across the whole tree a few minutes ago.

   -- bkuhn