[Savannah-hackers] submission of Ftrain Sitekit - savannah.gnu.org

From: ford
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Ftrain Sitekit - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:27:48 -0400

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Paul Ford <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Ftrain Sitekit
System name: ftrain
Type: 2

The Ftrain Sitekit is a collection of XSLT scripts for building large,
interlinked complex web sites from simple XML documents. It is intended to be
an eminently hackable way to make large, content-rich sites in a minimum of
time, using open standards and publicly available tools like Emacs, and Python,
and easily syndicating content in RSS1.0.

The Ftrain Sitekit is also designed to be a playground for building a
\"Semantic Web\" site. Code to produce interesting RDF from XML sources, which
can then be queried by open tools (i.e. Redland) is being planned now.

The proof of concept for the Ftrain Sitekit is http://ftrain.com, a personal
web site with thousands of readers holding nearly 1000 separate, interlinked
pages, all of which are derived from a single XML document using only XSLT
code, built via makefile. The code is being released to to multiple requests
from interest readers interested in hacking, adding new features, and improving
its quality.

My project already exists and you can download the latest distribution at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ftrain-ws/

(but I far prefer the ethos of Savannah, so I want to move away from
SourceForge)

or browse through the code in production at:

http://ftrain.com/xml/

Other Software Required:
It requires an XSLT1.0 processor; I use the free libxslt, associated with the
GNOME project. When a good GNU-compliant XSLT2.0 processor emerges, I\'ll
refactor the code to use XSLT2.0 features.

Other Comments:
Any questions can be directed to Paul Ford, mailto:address@hidden - thanks!