[Savannah-hackers] submission of Java PIM with appointment, contact, - s

From: dmatthews
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Java PIM with appointment, contact, - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 01:03:30 -0400

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

David Matthews <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: website
Other License:
Package: Java PIM with appointment, contact,
System name: jlife
Type: 1

My project is a PIM for the home, rather than business user. It has an
appointments, contacts and diary keeping module It does not divide your day
into hourly appointments!
It does, by use of a simple config file, work with any wordprocessor or email
client. If the email client supports an address on the command line, it will
start with current contacts address in a new mail form. It is written in Java,
but can cooperate (see above) with native programs.
License is GPL, any work you do will be credited.

A quite mature version works very nicely with Blackdown java, but I am having
great problems porting it to Kaffe
Many of the problems are already sorted, but I am quite stuck with
NotSerializableExceptions; I don\'t understand the difference between standard
java and kaffe.

It isn\'t posted yet, but both the functioning Blackdown version and the work I
have done on the port are under 500kB including good documentation. Mail me at
address@hidden for copies

Other Software Required:
Kaffe

Other Comments: