[Savannah-hackers] Re: evilwm

From: Ciaran Anscomb
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: evilwm
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 12:48:09 +0100

Mathieu Roy wrote:

> In order to release your project under the GPL you
> should write copyright notice and copying conditions
> at the beginning of every source code file, ...
> [snip]
> The GPL FAQ can help you to understand the reason behind
> thoses obligations. For example, there is a entry explaining
> why does the GPL require including a copy of the GPL with
> every copy of the program:
>  http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude

I understand what would need to be done, but I don't believe I can
do it due to the licence inherited from the code the project is based
upon.

I probably should have made that more clear in the initial submission.

> Could you resubmit once it's done?
> You can resubmit your project with ease by copying
> the big re-registration URL provided in the mail
> you receive at submission

I would, however, still like to host it on savannah, if possible!

Given that I don't think I can relicense under the GPL, do I still need
to resubmit?

Cheers,

..ciaran
--