[Savannah-hackers] pyDDR

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] pyDDR
Date: 06 Sep 2002 16:00:24 +0200

While registering your project, you choose expat license.
In the LICENSE file:
"My license for pyDDR is simple.

I did not write or come up with DDR. DDR is owned by Konami. I did,
however, write all of the code in here and come up with the fileformat
for the STEP files. I really don't care if anyone wants to scour my code
for ideas, or learn from it, or improve on it. My art sucks, but if you
really want to use it for something, be my guest.

My own original music is included with pyDDR. Obviously, since my music is
distributed with pyDDR and pyDDR is free, so is my music. I don't grant
any permission for people to claim my music as their own, but I'd love to
hear from you if you like the songs. I don't charge for my music, I just
want people to know I wrote it and it's mine.

All I ask is that I am told if any of this is done. If my project is
included with anyone's compilation or on another website, just tell me. If
anything is unclear, I am contactable at tgz at orotech dot net"

This is unclear to me:
        - what is the license of pyDDR? Free, but free as beer or free
as freedom?
        - with the license you should, everybody can use your work
without telling you. You cannot add this requirement. Anyway, people
will need to add copyright statements.

For this last reason, you must include copyright notes and copying
condition in each file.

Could you resubmit once it's done?
You can resubmit your project with ease by copying
the big re-registration URL provided in the mail
you receive at submission

Mathieu Roy

 << GPG Key  << http://gpg.coleumes.org              <<