[Savannah-hackers] submission of Smyrno, a Jabber client for Emacs - sav

From: ted
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Smyrno, a Jabber client for Emacs - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 03:21:03 -0400

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Edward O'Connor <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Smyrno, a Jabber client for Emacs
System name: smyrno
Type: 2

Hi there!

I\'m working on Smyrno, an extensible Jabber client for Emacs. You can find its
current web site here: <URL:http://oconnor.cx/smyrno/>. It integrates with the
BBDB, W3, and other Emacs packages. It\'s implemented entirely in Emacs Lisp
and should run on any system Emacs supports. Several subsystems are of
potential use in other Emacs apps, such as the event-based XML parsing engine,
and the simple XML stream engine.

It does not exist yet but I\'m working on it.

More specifically, I expect an initial release in two weeks time. Most of the
infrastructural work is done; making the interface decent is my current
priority.

Other Software Required:
As Smyrno is written in Emacs Lisp, it requires Emacs. It\'s being developed in
Emacs 21, and will support recent XEmacsen as well.

Other Comments: