[Savannah-hackers] submission of Quantity/Formatter objects - savannah.g

From: wayney
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Quantity/Formatter objects - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 00:04:27 -0400

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

PC Automation <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: other
Other License: Mozilla Public License 1.1

This license was selected because it best suites our development group\'s needs
at this moment. This is a very popular license used by numerous other projects
on sorceforge and savanah.
Package: Quantity/Formatter objects
System name: qf-objects
Type: 2

This project involves the development of quantity/formatter java classes
designed under the model/delegate paradigm. So far we have written 5
quantity/formatter class pairs for currency, distance, elasped time,
temperature and weight. Each of the quantity classes have a set base unit for
arithmetic (and other) operations. Each of the respective formatter classes,
formats the quantity any number of different units, independent of the base
unit used in the quantity object. This allows a clean, modularized
implementation of the quantity/formatter pair.

Our hope is that users will deploy our objects in relevant Java projects,
and/or contribute their expertise towards the development of new and improved
quantity/formatter objects.

The code for the 5 quantities mentioned above are available for download.

Other Software Required:
The source code for the objects do not require any non-free software. They may
be linked and used freely with any Java IDE\'s.

Other Comments: