Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Zaurus Software Index - savannah.gn

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Zaurus Software Index - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 10:36:20 +0100

I'm in charge of checking your project application for approval in Savannah.

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 09:37:33AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> License: gpl
> Package: Zaurus Software Index
> System name: zsi

> The Zaurus Software Index at http://killefiz.de/zaurus/ is the
> largest index of software for the Sharp Zaurus Linux PDA
>
> It allows everyone to add new applications and submit changes to existing
> applications.
>
> The ZSI Source code can be found at http://killefiz.de/zsi-devel.tar.bz2

The killefiz.de server says there is no zsi-devel.tar.bz2 file in it. Please
register your project again with a working URL to the code.

Also, I'm not familiar with the "Sharp Zaurus PDA" so please tell us in your
new registration whether a user can use it with only free software or
not. i.e. Is the "Linux/Java" operating system that comes with the Zaurus free
software? Can it be replaced by any other available free operating systems?

If the Zaurus depends on some proprietary operating system, you might still be
able to host your project here if the indexing software you've developed is
also useful to users of completely free systems in other machines,
provided that you do not advertise non-free products (the Zaurus PDA might be
one of them) in your project.

Cheers,
Jaime