[Savannah-hackers] Re: password change - savannah.gnu.org

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: password change - savannah.gnu.org
Date: 13 Sep 2002 16:11:49 +0200

address@hidden said:

> Someone attempted to change a password via email verification
> on savannah.gnu.org
>
> Someone is maybe trying to steal a user account.
>
> The user concerned is sfennig
>
> The request comes from pD90052C9.dip0.t-ipconnect.de
> (IP: 217.0.82.201 port: 32823)
> with Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Konqueror/2.2.1; Linux)
>
> RFC 822 (updated by RFC 1123) date:
> Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:00:41 GMT

I'll set up something that forbid getting a user password more than
one time per week or month, if nobody have something against.

Password reget is some kind of necessary security hole. Anyway, users
need to learn to keep seriously their passwords in mind, not
requesting them too frequently.

--
Mathieu Roy

 << GPG Key  << http://gpg.coleumes.org              <<