[Savannah-hackers] Re: [ 101272 ] Unable to connect with SSH to upload

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [ 101272 ] Unable to connect with SSH to upload
Date: 14 Sep 2002 01:06:51 +0200

"Jaime E . Villate" <address@hidden> said:

> /home# chgrp staff toma
> /home# chmod g-w toma
> /home# chmod g+s toma
> /home# cd toma
> /home/toma# chmod g-w .ssh
>
> I think the 3 first commands were not necessary. The one that really made
> ssh start accepting RSA keys was "chmod g-w .ssh"
>
> As I told you yesterday via IRC, I believe that during the same period of time
> that CVSROOT/config was wrongly created for new projects, the .ssh dir of
> users who submitted ssh keys for the first time was also created with
> mistakes (due to the problems with sv_cvs). I will check for other users
> with that problem.

That's surely the case.
To avoid be forced to fix manually every user account, I added

/etc/cron.hourly/tempo_fix_users

with as content:
        cd /home
        for dir in *; do
                chgrp staff $dir
                chmod g-w $dir
                chmod g+s $dir
                chmod g-w $dir/.ssh
        done

Since no cron.hourly was set at subversions, I added the line

01 *    * * *   root    test -e /usr/sbin/anacron || run-parts
--report /etc/cron.hourly

in /etc/crontab

This process (tempo_fix_users) will consume ressources. We really need
to fix sv_cvs as soon as possible to get over it. As previously said,
I prefer that you Jaime (or Loic, if he has time, but I think he
should spend is limited time to the separation savannah.gnu /
savannah.nongnu) manage to handle this task since your far more
experienced in this kind of things than me.

On my side, I have to deal with the behaviour of the mailman
installation that does not deal with the exim atlobk01 installation as
one that rode the exim documentation could expect.

Mathieu Roy

 << GPG Key  << http://gpg.coleumes.org              <<