[Savannah-hackers] Re: Forums in Savannah

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Forums in Savannah
Date: 17 Sep 2002 11:17:11 +0200

> > > o The other point is: There seems to be no script to automatically
> > > generate the projects/<projectname>/index.php file, although
> > > projects seems to be the appropriate file. It is in the way for
> > > creating directories. Same is true for the users directory
> > > (file). Is there a reason for that? Is there a script to create
> > > approptiate entries automatically? (If not I'd write it.)
> >
> > There are no directory like this that need to be created. In fact, you
> > must configure your webserver to interpret /www/users and
> > /www/projects as PHP pages (despite the fact they have no php
> > extension). I think there are details about it in INSTALL.verbose. If
> > not, tell me, I'll add them.
>
> In INSTALL.verbose i've found:
>   <Location /www/users>
>       SetHandler application/x-httpd-php
>   </Location>
> For Locations I've tried:
> /users
> /users/
> /savannah/users
> /data/gridportal/www/users
>
> ... and none worked.

Is savannah on the root of your webserver (for example, in /var/www) ?

For instance, I have in some place a webserver with /var/www as server
root. There, I have a savannah installation in /savannah-yp (for the
filesystem, It means /var/www/savannah-yp)

<Location /savannah-yp/users>
    SetHandler application/x-httpd-php
</Location>

<Location /savannah-yp/projects>
    SetHandler application/x-httpd-php
</Location>

Normally, it works.

> And another question: I'm making quite some changes to the sources,
> not being an advanced php coder. Currently I'm thinking about using
> my own cvs repository and applying your changes to my files, which
> I'm not extremely happy with. Is there a policy for you to allow
> write access to your cvs?

The policy is quite simple:
        - add understable log message while you commit (it means,
unlike me :) )
        - making changes that are coherent with the rest of the work
done (using same kind of message, using sames functions)
        - insert lot of comments along with the modifications

It's surely better for us and you if you directly commit your changes
directly to the savannah tree.

We can add you to the developers list, if you want.

Cheers,

--
Mathieu Roy

 << GPG Key  << http://gpg.coleumes.org              <<