Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: how to access the www.gnu.org/japan.

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: how to access the www.gnu.org/japan.
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 08:10:05 +0100

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 02:58:16PM +0900, Nobuyuki Hikichi wrote:
> I can download the  HTML tree.
> But I could not Developer CVS access via pserver in following message;
>       no such user xxhikichi in CVSROOT/passwd
>
> Please tell me right user name d and its pass word.

You should not use pserver to access CVS as a developper; you must access CVS
via ssh, without password but rather by uploading a public ssh key for your
machine. Please read

http://savannah.gnu.org/faq/?group_id=11&question=How_do_I_configure_my_SSH_access.txt

and then follow the instructions given in the message you sent us:

> Developer CVS Access via SSH (Version 1, RSA)
>
> Only project developers can access the CVS tree via this method. SSH1
> must be installed on your client machine. If you have SSH version two,
> add
>
> Host subversions.gnu.org
>      Protocol 1
>
> in your ~/.ssh/config file, even if you think that your SSH will
> switch to protocol 1 automatically. Substitute developername with the
> proper value. Your savannah password is useless for cvs. You have to
> register a CVS/SSH Shared key in the Account Maintenance page for the
> machine from which you run cvs.

> cvs -z3 -d:gserver:address@hidden:/webcvs/ co japan/

Jaime