[Savannah-hackers] Re: [gnu.org #1326] address@hidden: forwarded message

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [gnu.org #1326] address@hidden: forwarded message from Masayuki Hatta via RT]
Date: 08 Oct 2002 11:43:22 +0200

Hi Richard,

> Who has permission to do that?  I tried doing it myself on Savannah,
> but I cannot tell which Savannah project the /japan web directory
> belongs to, or whether I can admin that package.

Only Savannah server admins have admin rights on any projects (the
contrary would be a security hole).

Users can only admins projects associated with them as (project)
admin. In your case, Richard, you can administrate, for instance,
Emacs, Bison.

> Savannah hackers, can you handle this?  Please ack.

We can, but as said before, we prefer let project admins manage
project members list, we do not want to interfere, or only on extreme
case.

To get the project that can access /japan web directory, you can type
"japan" in the search box on the bottom of the left hand menu.
You'll get a link to "GNU information service in Japanese".

If the idea is to add "Nobuyuki Hikichi" to this project, you will see
that he's already member (and admin) of this project since he create
the project account.

I notice that this account name is xxhikichi.
If he want, he can get hikichi, just have to tell us.

Mathieu Roy

 << GPG Key  << http://gpg.coleumes.org              <<