[Savannah-hackers] submission of Macrosoft Desktop Environment - savanna

From: admin
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Macrosoft Desktop Environment - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 19:09:10 -0400

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Bruce Bates <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Macrosoft Desktop Environment
System name: macrosoft
Type: GNU

My project is called the macrosoft desktop environment. The goal is to be a
true mircosoft clone in all its plendor and glory. The idea behind this project
is simple. Others have claimed they have a microsoft clone, the have desktops
that look and act just like microsoft, but in reality not one of them due. I
have studied and used countless \"clones\" and found they are all lacking
something. Our project is to look and feel just like windows, we want people to
honestly be able to forget that they are on linux. We want to go to the extreme
steps of doing something only microsoft does and that is set standards, we also
want to make it as time goes on so that people can rely solely on our system
software instead of the \"popular\" software of other desktops. Not to say they
still can\'t use other software but in the ideas of microsoft \"why use
something else when what you need is already here\". Our ultimate goal is to be
the next major linux desktop. This project is currently under development but
has no download site of any kind. I was recomended here when sourceforge
refused me because of the name \"macrosoft\".

Other Software Required:
FLTK (the version we are using comes with the software)

Other Comments: