[Savannah-hackers] submission of GLTV - a library for 3d realtime enviro

From: rixed
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GLTV - a library for 3d realtime environ - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 13:04:20 -0400

Cedric Cellier <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: GLTV - a library for 3d realtime environ
System name: gltv
Type: non-GNU

This project is about networked realtime 3D graphic environment, usable for
games, 3D presentations, working environment...

clients requires openGL, openAL and openIL. All others libraries are to be
build from roots, including a networking TCP & UDP protocol for graphical
events, a DBMS for every stored datas (the user of the API must not use the
file system). The whole thing should be portable to any unix friendly system.
The main purpose of the whole thing is : speed !

Existing free 3D engines working on Linux that Im aware of are slow and lacks
some requirements (no networking, or no data managment ...).

I had already written most of it but was not satisfied with the results. Im
currently redesigning it in C (previously in C++).

Other Software Required:
Not properly software, but APIs specs : OpenGL & OpenAL

Software : OpenIL (aka DevIL)

Other Comments:
For now on, I merely look for comments and discussions about design.
Later, coders should be needed.