[Savannah-hackers] Re: Breakdown of communication?

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Breakdown of communication?
Date: 31 Oct 2002 19:58:24 +0100

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> said:

> On Oct 21 I dubbed Anubis a GNU package and cc'd new-gnu as usual.
> It appears that the word has not got through to savannah-hackers.
>
> What is the procedure that is supposed to inform savannah-hackers of
> new GNU packages, and where did it go wrong in this case?
>
> Yeupou's message speaks of "searching via google".  That is a strange
> way to determine whether something is a GNU package.  This information
> has to come from the GNU project, not from Google.
>
> Should we make new-gnu forward to savannah-hackers?

Hi,

I search via google using option site:gnu.org
I permits me to get any page with occurence of anubis on
gnu.org.
So any info I get come from the GNU project, gnu.org.

At this time, I havent found any other way to get this
information. All infos (outdated) on gnu.org related to anubis was
saying that this project is not GNU and no public mailing-list was
saying the contrary.

Generally we get a copy of the message from you at
savannah-hackers. Anyway, there must be public mailing list, with
public archives, that list all this mails. People with no access to
fencepost must be able to determine whether a project is GNU or not.

The usual means are the Free Software Directory but it can be outdated
(it the case for anubis).

--
Mathieu Roy

 << GPG Key  << http://gpg.coleumes.org              <<