[Savannah-hackers] Re: Shell access for phpGW core developer

From: Andrew Mitchell
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Shell access for phpGW core developer
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 20:41:07 +1300

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 12:22:32PM +0100, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> Andrew Mitchell <address@hidden> said:
>
> > Hi, I'm writing to see if Bettina Gille (savannah username ceb) can get a
> > shell account on subversions.gnu.org for purposes of phpGW CVS maintenance.
> > This is needed to be able to give some phpGW developers access to the API
> > dir
> > in the phpGW CVS space.
> > Dan Kuykendall currently has access but is not available for help.
>
> Can you state what kind of maintainance is it about?
>
> subversions.gnu.org is a production server. As it is, only people who
> actually maintain the whole system should have shell access on it.
>
> If it's for the purpose of development, so the right place is
> fencepost, not subversion.

Yes, I'm aware of that with subversions. phpGroupWare is a special case, as
their CVS repository has restricted write access for the main API dir. Someone
with shell access to subversions is needed to add & remove developers access
to that directory.
As far as I'm aware there are 2 phpGW core developers who have this access, one
of whom has left the project, and the other is unavailable.
I believe that Loic will know more of the details about this.

--
Andrew Mitchell
Email: address@hidden