[Savannah-hackers] Re: new project

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: new project
Date: 23 Dec 2002 17:38:40 +0100

Hi, sorry for the delay,

I add savannah-hackers in Cc since someone may give you an answer
faster than me.

address@hidden a tapoté :

> On 18 Dec 2002, Mathieu Roy wrote:
>
> > address@hidden said:
> >
> > > hello,
> > >
> > > somehow i do this and that and would want to share, but
> > > somehow it would be an overkill to have a project for each.
> > > (also i hate it that if i need something i have to wade through
> > > 10 projects that might fit but certainly not all.)
> > >
> > > can i make it a my.mini-projects or so ?
> >
> > Can you give more details?
>
> e.g. i have a timetracker (like slicetime or timelog) keeping
> a timelog for projects (i did it because i wanted to have several
> active tasks , ...)
>
> or utility scripts and sometimes patches for projects where the admin
> does not respond (e.g. aegis cgi scripts as peter miller is somewhat
> overworked and changes need a long time into baseline)
>
> somehow it would be a shared sandbox, as i said i am unsure if this
> fits for a project.

I think it would be better to register a project for each one. For
patches, it, you re right, does not really fit.

> license would be GPL (mostly python some perl or bash) if something
> would qualify for a lib should one use LGPL ?

Good reading about LGPL/GPL choice :
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-not-lgpl.html

Mathieu Roy