[Savannah-hackers] Re: html/css hackers: input requested [gnu.org #13

From: Lalo Martins
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: html/css hackers: input requested [gnu.org #13755]
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 19:51:13 -0200

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 10:07:48PM +0100, Mathieu Roy wrote:

> Hi,

hi, thanks for your input.

> IMHO, it's a lot better than the current layout.

thanks! :-)

> You should try the colors (background and border) of the Free Software
> directory http://www.gnu.org/directory/ for the left menu.
> (light blue is nicer than grey)

I copied this grey from the Hurd site.  I agree the directory looks better,
make this change soon.

> The Copyright line is very long (1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001,
> 2002) and 2003 lacks. Wouldn't be 1996-2003 legally ok?
> As my speciality is history, I cannot say if whether it's legal or not but
> it's very useful to talk about a period, to give a timeline (I wonder
> how we should work without this kind of notation. Or maybe "from 1996
> to 2003" would be ok?).

I have to ask someone with legal knowledge.  IIRC 1996-2003 is valid.

> About the left menu, It would be pretty good to have a title for each
> category.

I made a few attempts at that, but I find it pollutes the navbar - plus it
completely breaks the text-mode (lynx/links/w3m) compatibility.

If anyone has a sollution, please mail me.

Dunno, perhaps the navbar needs reordering, now that it is a navbar.  As
someone else said, the other links ("why we exist", etc) should be moved to
it probably...

Again, proposals for a reordered navbar are welcome (but should probably CC
to rms)

[]s,
                                               +----
--