Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Batch_Tracker - savannah.gnu.org

From: Jaime E . Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Batch_Tracker - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 02:08:40 +0000

Please use a complete verbatim copy of the GPL license, as found
in http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt
(the one you have in LICENSE.TXT is missing the first line that says
"GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE"; thus, people will think the FSF copyright
in that file applies to your software and not to the GPL license)

In order to release your project under the GPL you
should write copyright notices and copying permission
statements at the beginning of every php and other source files.
Please follow the advice of http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

Also, please remove GIF images files from your project and replaced
them by other format (such as PNG or JPEG).
Because of the patents (Unisys and IBM) covering the LZW
compression algorithm which is used in making GIF files,
it's impossible to have free software to generate proper
GIFs so we discourage the use of GIF in Savannah.
(see http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/gif.html)

Please register your project once more with the changes mentioned
above. The way we handle pending projects makes it difficult to keep
track of projects that have been answered but have not been approved
yet, so we erase them and we ask you to register the project again every
time some change has to be done to the registration, and users might
have to register their projects several times. Thank you for your
understanding.

Regards,
Jaime