[Savannah-hackers] submission of general openMosix daemon - savannah.no

From: rpons
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of general openMosix daemon - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 05:25:28 -0500

Ramon Pons Vivanco <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: general openMosix daemon
System name: gomd
Type: non-GNU

gomd :: general openMosix daemon
================================
gomd is a daemon to execute commands and get information of the nodes of an
openMosix cluster. It will run on every node in order to collect data, and
waiting to ejecute commands.

It will run with root privileges, and will listen on tcp port number 9889. The
important thing is that admin would send commands to all the nodes of the
cluster easily and without entering on them.

At the same time GUI applications like openMosixView or openMosixWebView will
use it for monitoring and administering the cluster.

gomd returns every interresting value from the /proc interface by request from
clients through server socket. At the same time, he communicate with mosctl to
tune the cluster.

It will be written in C/C++

We don\'t have any code yet !

Other Software Required:
openMosix http://openmosix.sourceforge.net/
Linux Kernel http://www.kernel.org/

Other Comments:
We want to start writing the code. For that, we need a public CVS and a mailing
list.

More information on:
http://laurel.datsi.fi.upm.es/~rpons/openmosix/gomd/